The good ones
Let's name this person L. L was a person who would've gone the extra mile for me, be it online or offline. An example was during the year of my major exams, I was on the verge of retaining as I didn't go to school due to my addiction to online games. Despite her schedule, she forced me to study and coached me in my work via MSN. Thanks to her, I managed to pull through. Up to today I'm still in contact with her, and still very grateful to her.
The bad ones
Like L, I had another online friend named K. I was slightly closer to her than L due to many common interests, and I met her offline with my older sister for the annual Anime Festival Asia(AFA). While walking around the booths, I saw K slipping an item into her bag while the shopkeeper was distracted. When my sister asked K about it, she replied her in a nonchalant tone. At that moment I realised that I should try to cut ties with her, as she'll probably affect me in the long run.
You may be thinking that I was heartless towards K, but it's all about choice. As the people say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." As you're online, you'll never know what they actually do offline. If you think that that person is going to have a negative impact on you, then the better choice is to stay away from them. Don't be upset about losing a friend, as there's bound to be many others like my friend L around.
Sources
http://media.giphy.com/media/6459ZFRF1Wxna/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/AeWoyE3ZT90YM/200_s.gif
https://media2.giphy.com/media/1xucXbDnMIYkU/200_s.gif
The bad ones
Like L, I had another online friend named K. I was slightly closer to her than L due to many common interests, and I met her offline with my older sister for the annual Anime Festival Asia(AFA). While walking around the booths, I saw K slipping an item into her bag while the shopkeeper was distracted. When my sister asked K about it, she replied her in a nonchalant tone. At that moment I realised that I should try to cut ties with her, as she'll probably affect me in the long run.
You may be thinking that I was heartless towards K, but it's all about choice. As the people say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." As you're online, you'll never know what they actually do offline. If you think that that person is going to have a negative impact on you, then the better choice is to stay away from them. Don't be upset about losing a friend, as there's bound to be many others like my friend L around.
There's always two sides of an issue, and online friends are one of them. Which side do you want to choose? it's up to you.
Aaaand with that, I'll be off now! thanks for reading!
Aaaand with that, I'll be off now! thanks for reading!
Our Newsletter!
and by the way! You may want to check out the newsletter that we published! One of the highlights in the newsletter is that we even featured a short quiz to give you a rough idea whether you're someone who prefers online friends, or offline friends! Furthermore, I can guarantee you the newsletter we published is as awesome as our blog! I wont spoil it further for you.. you will have to check it out for yourself :-)
cheers,
deborahcheers,
Sources
http://media.giphy.com/media/6459ZFRF1Wxna/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/AeWoyE3ZT90YM/200_s.gif
https://media2.giphy.com/media/1xucXbDnMIYkU/200_s.gif


No comments:
Post a Comment